Divorce and Beyond – January 26
If you are separated from your spouse, going through a divorce, or are divorced, we encourage you to attend this seminar. We understand the feelings of rejection, anger, fear, confusion, isolation, betrayal, guilt and helplessness that can result from divorce. You may feel like you are on an emotional rollercoaster, one day you feel fine, the next day you feel hopeless, or you feel like you are still attached to your ex. Emotions have a way of fooling us into believing that things will never change or get better. During this time, it is critical to gain a healthy perspective by understanding the root of your emotions, which will enable you to take the necessary steps to move forward with your life.
The Divorce & Beyond seminar addresses these issues in a safe, nurturing environment. People are seated at round tables and given opportunities to share, facilitated by a trained leader. We’ve found that these initial discussions are best conducted in gender specific settings. However, the optional support groups that meet after the seminar are coed, each group has a male and a female facilitator, enabling us to learn from one another.
Yes, divorce hurts, but we can help.
- Layers of divorce
- Recovery cycle
- Loneliness and Forgiveness
- Transition and change
- Developing a new lifestyle
- Continental breakfast and lunch
- Informal small group discussions
- Workshops that cover key issues in the divorce process
- All seminar team members and volunteers have experienced divorce
- Safe, warm and welcoming
- Loving and caring – Non-judgmental
- Sense of community – Wounded healers are leaders/volunteers
- Not religious or “church-like”
- Respectful of differing view points
- Sensitive to individuals in various stages of crisis and loss
For your children – KidKare
For Children Ages 8 – 12
Your children are dealing with their own emotions about divorce and it is important for them to understand that they are not to blame. While you are attending the seminar, your children (ages 8-12) can participate in activities and discussions that deal with their feelings, changes in the family structure and self-esteem. The KidKare program is coordinated by a team of qualified volunteers and are offered at the same time as the Adult Seminar.
• Large variety of meaningful activities, some serious and some fun!
• Time to process emotions
• Discovery of hope & love during a tough time
Registration fee for adults is:
$35.00 if paid by January 19th
$40.00 if paid by January 23rd
$50.00 anytime after January 23rd
KidCare (ages 8-12) is:
$10 if pre-registered
$15 at the door
Registration for Divorce & Beyond